These consist of cancers of the prostate, kidneys, bladder, testicles, penis and adrenal glands. Treatment for tumors of these organs includes open, laparoscopic, and Laser surgery, radiation and chemotherapy.
Department of Uro-oncology was started in 1996. We started with conventional open surgeries but have evolved into a top center doing all Laparoscopic and URO-GYNAE procedures over all these years.
Cancer is a major health hazard in the world. The number of cancer patients is increasing all over due to various known and unknown factors. India is not unaffected by this change.
Urinary tract cancers form an important part of urinary tract diseases. With the increasing trend of smoking and alcohol and increased awareness among patients, we have a number of patients under the operable category. In the modern era of health care, the onus is on us not just to treat the disease but to improve the quality of life of patients. Taking a step forward in this direction we have set international standards as the goal and continue to strive towards it.
Today, Dr.Debadarshi Rath not only make the patient disease-free but to have a life wherein the patient is free of the social stigma that they undergo post-surgery. Our team is working day in and day out to achieve the goals we have set for ourselves.
In Bhubaneswar, our center is among the few centers which are doing a maximum number of neobladder after radical cystectomy. Our own designed “Pitcher Pot Neobladder” has proved its utility over all these years with minimal requirement of clean intermittent catheterization, which is the main drawback of another type of neobladder.
Post prostatectomy urinary incontinence is the most dreaded complication of robot-assisted radical prostatectomy. Our center is using the “Retzius sparing technique” which provides early urinary continence after prostatectomy resulting in a better quality of life after prostatectomy. Similarly, with the use of a robot-assisted technique our center provides the advantage of minimally invasive technique in inguinal node dissection and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection in carcinoma penis and testicular tumor patients respectively.
This, in addition to our team of medical and radiation oncologists, make sure that they leave no stone unturned to see that the patient receives complete protocol-based treatment. We have state of the art diagnostic and therapeutic services and provide complete cancer care making sure that we are nowhere behind with the international standards of healthcare.
- TRUS guided Prostate Biopsy
- MRI-TRUS Fusion Guided Prostate Biopsy
- Flexible Cystoscopy
- Flexible Ureteroscopy
- Hyperthermic intravesical chemotherapy (HIVEC) for Urinary Bladder Cancer
- High intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for Prostate Cancer
- Open/ Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy for Prostate cancer
- Open/ Robot-Assisted Cystoprostatectomy with intracorporeal/extracorporeal ilial conduit/ orthotopic neobladder for Urinary Bladder cancer
- Open/ Laparoscopic/ Robot-assisted radical nephrectomy/ Nephron sparing surgery for renal malignancies
- Open/ Laparoscopic/ Robot-assisted nephroureterectomy with bladder cuff excision for Ureter Malignancy
- Robot-assisted retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for Testicular tumor
- Open/ Laparoscopic/ Robot-assisted Adrenalectomy for Adrenal tumor